You are in safe hands at Teddy’s Playhouse
We have a clear commitment to child protection and the safeguarding of our babies and toddlers is of the highest priority.
We require that our class managers along with our performers and musicians apply for Enhanced Clearance via the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service, formerly Criminal Records Bureau or CRB).
Every Teddy’s Playhouse class manager is in regular contact with a dedicated child protection team.
All necessary insurance, fire safety and first aid protocols are established within every Teddy’s Playhouse venue.
Keeping you and your child safe during the pandemic
Please do not send your baby or toddler to Teddy’s Playhouse if they are feeling unwell, a family member or someone in your household are displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- To minimise risk, attendees will stay in their allocated class ‘bubbles’ during their time at Teddy’s Playhouse, unfortunately we can’t allow class swapping at this time
- All parents/carers are kindly asked to maintain social distancing when arriving at our venues. Please observe guidance such as floor markers, etc.
- Only 1 adult with child is permitted to enter the building (unless in an emergency).
- Please arrive at the main door 5 mins before class time for a staggered start.
- Registration will be taken on entering the class.
- We will be observing class sizes in line with social distancing and as previously mentioned, we have a 1 adult, 1 child policy at this time.
- Frequent hand washing or hand sanitisation will be undertaken by all upon entry, between disciplines, before and after break and toilet visits, and upon exit.
- Hand sanitisers will be in each classroom and the main entrance (where applicable).
- Signage regarding hand washing / sanitising will be displayed around the venue.
- Please ensure your baby/ toddler only brings essential possessions to our class (such as drink or any medical needs, i.e. EpiPen), and to keep those possessions close to them wherever practical.
- Where possible, please DO NOT bring mobile phones to our classes – please keep them in the buggy.
- We request that all adults remove shoes and change into a clean pair of socks (at some of our venues you may be requested to wear a face mask)
- Adults will be encouraged to cough or sneeze using the inside of their elbow to ‘catch it’ or a tissue which should be put into a bin bag (one per room) which the class manager will seal and dispose of after each class session.
- You will be given during the class a set of instruments for your child to use, we ask that you kindly manage these during the class and ensure other toddlers do not pick these up. If they do, we ask that you santise these during the performance and on leaving, ensure these are left on your matts for steaming after your departure.
- We will be observing the latest social distancing guidance from the UK Government for all of our attendees and staff where appropriate.
- Rooms will be of the required size and markings made to assist attendees in recognising the social distancing needed.
- For babies and toddlers we will endeavour to deliver classes which encourage them to keep their distance where reasonably practicable.
- Our toilet policy has been modified to incorporate social distancing.
- Attendees are to depart from the same door they entered the building. Please note that we may need to stagger departure times to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- In the event of a Teddy’s Playhouse venue becoming unavailable, we will endeavour to source an alternative venue within the surrounding area, or move the day/time of our classes.
- If for any reason, we are unable to deliver our classes in the Teddy’s Playhouse venue or we re-enter lock-down you will be given a refund.
There may be additional safety measures in place at your Teddy’s Playhouse venue, which your class manager will make you aware of.
Please note, as government guidance and policy change we will be updating safety measures accordingly.